The Brooks Cambium has received a lot of hype. And it lives up to it.
- No break in period -- ready to ride out of the box
- Waterproof with no maintenance needed
- Made of vegan and organic materials
- Flexible materials makes for a comfortable ride
- The canvas is grippy -- you don't slide around on it
- For Brooks leather purists: It's not leather and doesn't have a break in period that results in the saddle conforming to your body over time.
- If currently is only available in one model the C17, which is somewhat racy. By that, I mean that it feels like it would be best on bikes where the rider is in a more aggressive, forward-leaning position rather than more upright, around town' bicycles.
Who this would be good for:
- People who ride ride bikes that put them in a more forward-leaning position. This won't be great for an upright city bike, but would be great on a road or touring rig.
- People who have always wished that a vegan-friendly Brooks saddle existed.
- Those who have always wanted a Brooks saddle, but not wanted to deal with the break-in period.
- Folks who are looking for something low-maintenance. This saddle is waterproof and requires no on-going care (a la leather saddles).
Curious? It's available to try out as a part of our saddle library. Come on by and take it for a spin.