We're serious about our manifesto. We mean it when we say that if you tell us what you want, we'll listen. And we heard from you time and again that you were looking for an affordable, and attractive bike to ride around the city that wouldn't break the bank. Enter, Papillionaire Bicycles.
Papillionaire (a riff on the Latin word for butterfly, Papilio) is a new bicycle company founded by a brother and sister team in Austrailia and based in Brooklyn, NY that offers beautiful, strong and smart vintage-style bicycles. We're proud to be Portland's first dealer.
Why we love them:
- Every bike is equipped with a color-matched rear rack, chainguard and fenders, a bell and kickstand.
- All are internally geared, which makes for a cleaner, more reliable and lower-maintenance city riding experience.
- All frames are lugged and made from Cro-Moly steel.
- They come with high quality components: Shimano hubs, Tektro dual pivot brakes and leather grips.
- They look as good as they ride. And sometimes that matters just as much.
We are currently stocking the following models. Stop on by for a test ride sometime!
1. The Classic ($600)- A sleek diamond-style frame with mid-rise handlebars and 3-speed Shimano internal gearing.
2. The Mixte ($600-800)- A mixte (pronounced 'mixtee' or 'meext' depending on how French you want to sound) is a frame style that lies between a traditional diamond-shaped frame and a full step through, providing the perfect balance between strength, efficiency and style. Available with 3 or 8-speed Shimano internal gearing.
3. The Sommer ($600)- An upright dutch-style bike that's equal parts comfort and beauty. With 3-speed Shimano internal gearing.